Sunday, June 26, 2005

My knight in knitted armor

I drug my husband to the local fiber arts store today because I finally convinced myself to spent $26 on a pair of Addi Turbo needles (size 17, 24 inch) because I managed to find at least 2 projects to justify them...As we were walking around I kept showing him really lush yarns in bright, vibrant colors in the hopes of enticing him to attempt knitting. He had mentioned wanting to learn a few months ago but his thrill petered out and he forgot about it.

So I showed him the misty baby alpaca in a lush, earthy green...And he fell in love...So we picked out a hat pattern he could handle (which I have in a book at home already) and I'm gonna teach him to knit!

I'm so excited...The thrill of making something for yourself out of a beautiful fiber....It just can't be matched...

In other news, I also picked up a lovely mohair to knit up a quick cowl/shawl/wrap thing in the summer edition of Interweave Knits....Which helped justify the needles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home